Monday 25 March 2013

It beats my imagination how our leaders view issues or to what extent they are prepared to go to address issues that affect our very existence as an entity. The challenges posed by unemployment, a failing power sector, poor infrastructural development, hydra headed corruption and I can go on and on as the list is just endless! My focus here is the federal legislators and their unrepentant greed and selfishness for which Mr President seem helpless or better not prepared to take his chances. I begin to wonder what posterity will remember these legislators for! If I may ask why should the monthly salaries of our legislators be swimming in millions when on the other hand the president is still toying with the idea of removing fuel subsidy, and the legislator's blanket rejection of stipend for unemployed graduates. How selfish can they be? I believe that these legislators and even mr president are primarily there for themselves and any legislation that will not serve their interest will definetly not see the light of day and that is quite sad! Whither Nigeria? And where do we think we are going with this unrepentant level of hypocrisy? I pray for a forceful wind of change that will blow these ones off the political landscape. Meanwhile I leave u to reflect over this for now. I will be back!

1 comment:

  1. I hope someone in government will stumble upon this piece!

    ReplyDelete