Wednesday 9 October 2013

TIME TO LEARN! PHILOSOPHY 101.

This is an introduction to philosophy as a course of study. Yours truly read philosophy as his first degree and thought you should have a feel of my course of study in the university. Funny enough, I never knew or heard of the word philosophy until I gained admission to read it. It left me far better than the course I initially intended to study. I have no regrets studying philosophy at all! Now what is philosphy? It is gotten from two greek words 'philo' and 'sophia' which means 'love of wisdom'. There are countless definitions of philosohy whose words originated from pythagoras the philospher behind the pythagoras theorem in mathematics. Let this definition suffice which is that it studies the fundamental nature of existence, of man, and of man's relationship to existence. While a philosophy is a comprehensive system of ideas about human nature and the nature of the reality we live in. It is a guide for living, because the problems it addresses are basic and pervasive, determining the course we take in life and how we treat other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment